The series was subsequently published as a book with the same name available from Conciliar Press (also available from Amazon.com, including as an e-book). The book form is both revised and expanded from the original podcasts.
The topics are as follows: I. Heterodoxy & Heresy (introduction)- originally presented Sept. 27, 2009
- Part 1: Understanding the Terms
- Part 2: The Essentials of Christian Doctrine
- Handouts: Outline (including Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy quick references)
II. Roman Catholicism- originally presented Oct. 4, 2009
- Part 1: Papal supremacy, papal infallibility, and the filioque addition to the Creed
- Part 2: Purgatory, indulgences, and more
- Handouts: Outline, Dictatus Papae
III. The Classical/Magisterial Reformation (Lutherans, Calvinists, Reformed, Zwinglians, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Methodists, Wesleyans) – originally presented on Oct. 11, 2009
- Part 1: Sola Scriptura
- Part 2: The Remaining Solas (Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria)
- Part 3: Specific Denominations
- Handouts: Outline, Protestant Divisions, Sola Scriptura
IV. The Radical Reformation (Anabaptists, Baptists, Brethren, Amish, Mennonites, Moravians, Restorationists, Adventists) – originally presented on Oct. 25, 2009
- Part 1: “Believer’s baptism” over against infant baptism, anti-sacramentalism, the “invisible Church,” etc.
- Part 2: Denominations that formed after the Radical Reformation, as well as two studies in ecclesiological inheritance (Restorationists and Adventists).
- Handouts: Outline, The Trail of Blood
V. Modern Revivalism (Pentecostalism, Charismatics, Evangelicalism, Emergents) – originally presented on Nov. 1, 2009
- Part 1: Personal conversion, individualism, and private biblical interpretation.
- Part 2: Lecture continuation.
- Part 3: Holiness movement (including Pentecostalism / Charismatics), mega-churches, dispensationalism, fundamentalism, liberalism, and the “emergent” church movement.
- Handouts: Outline, Theosis in the New Testament
VI. Non-Christian Religions (Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca, Neo-paganism, Zoroastrianism, Modern Gnosticism, Scientology, Animism) – originally presented on Nov. 8, 2009
- Part 1: Judaism, Islam, Druze, Zoroastrianism, and Baha’i.
- Part 2: Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca, Neo-paganism, Modern Gnosticism, and Scientology.
- Handouts: Outline, Sunni/Shi’a Islam Comparison
VII. Non-Mainstream Christians (Swedenborgians, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Unitarian Universalists, Christadelphians, Christian Science, Unification Church (“Moonies”); also includes series conclusions) – originally presented on Nov. 15, 2009