St. Paul is a very welcoming parish. Our Greeters are about welcoming people to St. Paul, not only parishioners but especially visitors. Whether the visitor is a new inquirer to Orthodoxy or a life-long Orthodox Christian. It is vital to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
We would like to have 5-6 Greeters to create a monthly schedule for every Sunday. We prefer adults to be Greeters. If you have children, they are welcome to help you.
- Hand visitors the “12 things I wish I knew about Orthodoxy” brochure.
- Provide visitors with information to help them participate in church services.
- Provide visitors with information to help them participate in parish ministries.
- Invite visitors to coffee hour.
- Introduce visitors to parishioners with similar interests.
- Notify visitors about upcoming Parish events.
- Invite visitors back to worship with us again.
- Ask a Clergy member to introduce themself and welcome the person.
If you’re interested in becoming a Greeter, contact Deacon Patrick Maher at email@example.com