From the Antiochian Archdiocese:
Starting with the first Sunday of the Triodion, Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick has been releasing weekly installments of a 10-part sermon series on evangelism and the Lenten Triodion. The meditations are available in audio form through his Roads from Emmaus podcast, or as posts on the blog of the same name.
Father Andrew, who serves in the Antiochian Archdiocese, says in his introduction, “For the next ten weeks, from today through Palm Sunday, we will be discussing evangelism. Each Sunday of the Triodion has a different theme to it, usually based in the Gospel reading, and all of them have something to say about sharing the good news of Jesus Christ to the world. The Gospel is like a great jewel with many facets, each sparkling with its own light, and each drawing us into the depths of the beauty of this most precious gift. So from now until Palm Sunday, we will be looking at different facets of this gem of evangelism.”
The pastor of St. Paul Orthodox Church of Emmaus, Pennsylvania, Fr. Andrew is the author of Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy and An Introduction to God (available at Ancient Faith Publishing). He is also the host of the Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy and Roads from Emmaus podcasts, both hosted on Ancient Faith Radio.
Read the text and listen to the recordings of the Lenten evangelism sermons here:
- The Publican and Pharisee (podcast)
- The Prodigal Son (podcast)
- The Last Judgment (podcast)
- Forgiveness and the Expulsion from Paradise (podcast)
- “Come and See” (The Sunday of Orthodoxy) (podcast)
- St. Gregory Palamas and the Paralytic (podcast)
- The High Priest on the Cross (podcast)
- Renunciation of the World and Evangelism (podcast)
- The Journey of Mary of Egypt to the Cross (podcast)
- Palm Sunday and the City of Man (podcast)