What is the Orthodox Church?
The basic fundamentals to get you familiar with the Orthodox Church, its teachings, traditions and worship—an “entry level” series for adults and teens about the world’s oldest Christian Church.
On Wednesday nights following Vespers at 6:30pm.
- Sept. 9: Church Tour & Basic History of Christianity
- Sept. 16: Who is God? Jesus Christ and the Salvation of Mankind
- Sept. 23: What is Worship? The Point of Going to Church
- Sept. 30: What is the Church? Scripture, Tradition and Church Authority
- Oct. 7: Spiritual Life: What does life as an Orthodox Christian look like?
Who is this series for? Those who are unfamiliar with the Orthodox Christian faith, those new to Orthodoxy, those who need some refreshing, those raised in the church, those who want a more comprehensive understanding of the faith, and for those who have never (yet!) come to classes in the faith.
The series is presented by the Rev. Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick, pastor of St. Paul’s.