Dear in Christ,
God bless you!
Thanks be to God, we’ve received the final set of estimates for all the work needing to be done for our parish beautification project, which the parish council announced in February.
QUICK RUN-DOWN OF THIS MESSAGE:
- We’re roughly 60% done with the beautification project – Phase One is nearly done.
- We’ve received approx. $25,000 in donations so far.
- We need about $16,000 more to complete Phase Two.
- Don’t forget about your regular pledging.
Click here to donate now!
PHASE ONE WORK COMPLETED:
With the donations we’ve received so far, totaling approximately $25,000, we have been able to:
- complete most of the work for replacing all but one of the external doors and all the external locks (by far the most expensive and complicated piece of this project; this was needed whether we did the cosmetic work or not because of the age of the equipment),
- install new aluminum Greek columns at the porticoes (the old wood columns were rotting, so this was also necessary),
- remove old window shutters,
- install related aluminum and other preparatory work on the porticoes, and
- install new lighting in those same locations and shining on the front of the building.
This is the foundational work needed to be done before the more cosmetic phase can begin.
I think you’ll agree that our building is already far more beautiful than it was! The blue doors and Greek columns have already transformed the way we look and make our facade look much more like a church.
PHASE TWO WORK NEEDING TO BE DONE:
In order for us to complete all the work needed for the project, we will need an additional approximately $16,000 in donations. This will be used to:
- install all the external iconography,
- install a banner sign on the telephone pole out front,
- install a cross above our main entrance,
- paint the brown lettering white to match the main cross, and
- finish up the door and lock work.
The parish council’s plan is to begin and continue this work as donations become available. We’ve made a detailed schedule prioritizing which pieces to do in which order. (If you’re interested in seeing this schedule, you can contact a member of the council.)
PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY:
We look forward to the blessing of further upgrading the external presentation of our church building, both for the edification of those who already worship at St. Paul’s and for the increased visibility of our parish in the Emmaus and Lehigh Valley community.
First, pray to ask God what He would have you do to (further) contribute to this project, then discuss it with your family, then make that commitment and follow through. No matter what you are able to do (even if it’s just a small amount), support the work of our parish with your prayers.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT YOUR REGULAR PLEDGES:
All this work is in addition to our regular pledges, which support the normal operating cost of the parish. So don’t “rob Peter to pay Paul,” so to speak, in order to give to this beautification project. Summertime is also one of the “leaner” times of the year regarding pledge giving, so remember to keep up to date on your regular commitment to support St. Paul’s operations.
Thank you, and may God bless all your generosity!
Click here to donate now!